March 28, 2024, 11:17:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Recent Euro Buyers To Get ₤25 Asus 'Voucher' Due To Price Drop Of Nexus 7 Models  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Good news folks...well at least for recent European Nexus 7 owners that were a bit disgruntled with the recent price drop that Google and Asus announced when they came out with the 32GB variant of the Nexus7.   A number of 8GB and 16GB buyers were a bit peeved when it seemed they had paid $199 and $249 for their tablets only to see the prices dropt to $199/16GB and $249/32GB...and the 8GB get discontinued.   Well Asus europe is offering a £25 for recent buyers that can be used at Asus's online store to purchase accessories like a case or extra charger. 

Now you will have to a bit of work to get this voucher.   First, you'll have to register at Asus's member site.  You'll also have to provide proof of purchase such as a receipt.  This offer also is only offered to those that purchased their Nexus 7's from Asus, Google or 'our physical channels and its online shops'.  You'll have to read the details of the offer to make sure you qualify...but most should.  You'll also have to submit all the required info by November 30th and use your voucher before December 31st 2012.

Now the above offer is only for Europe and the UK at this time.  There's no word if Google or Asus will be offering a similar voucher in the U.S. ...although we wouldn't be surprised if they did.   But if you did recently buy a Nexus 7 in the UK and the rest of Europe and want to learn more head on over to the link below and let us know how it turns out and what you buy with it.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:40:16 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
I bought my 16Gb Nexus 7 I am July, so do I still qualify?

Tried registering, but it said my serial number (Settings->About Tablet->Status) was incorrect.

Offline little duck

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I went through the registration process not knowing if I would qualify for the voucher as I purchased my N7 from Argos, but I got as far as submitting my receipt when I looked into the ASUS Store and all there is for the Nexus 7 is a cover, in 6 different colours, at £15. I had already got a very useful magnetic cover with a pen thingy from Amazon so I wont be taking up the offer. A voucher for Google Play Store would have been a more acceptable offer, however I'll just seethe quietly to myself every time I use my Nexus 7  :'(

Offline little duck

• View Profile
I bought my 16Gb Nexus 7 I am July, so do I still qualify?

Tried registering, but it said my serial number (Settings->About Tablet->Status) was incorrect.
-------------------
I encountered the same problem, C8OK, not C80K

Offline CBers

• View Profile
Tried it 3 times, either 0 or 1 not O or l.

Will try again tomorrow when eyes have had a good night's sleep. :))

Offline little duck

• View Profile
Feeling quite unwell now I see our American cousins .are being offered a $50 refund, not a voucher.  :(

JayJ

Guys I was having the same problem, I was inputting the serial number under Settings> About tablet> Status> Serial number. I was having the same problems, I even sent ASUS an email about it but I finally sussed it. The serial number isn't the one in setting or the CSSN on the box or warranty paperwork it's the SSN found on the box or the warranty paperwork and my N7 is now registered.

Wahoo...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I tried registering with Asus for a motherboard and my tablet. I even used my box. It is a wild goose chase and a total waste of time. I spent almost two hours on that annoying website.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:14:54 PM by bjs229 »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
I never expected anything back and this is an amazing gesture of good faith by them. I have to say I am surprised. You would think if they offered it in one area they would do so in another. I sold my original 16 in its box to upgrade to the 32. I do however have the receipt. Thinking back to when I thought u had to register for my warranty, I could never figure out how how to input my serial number on the Asus site I am however a member. I think. Lol.

Offline CBers

• View Profile
Guys I was having the same problem, I was inputting the serial number under Settings> About tablet> Status> Serial number. I was having the same problems, I even sent ASUS an email about it but I finally sussed it. The serial number isn't the one in setting or the CSSN on the box or warranty paperwork it's the SSN found on the box or the warranty paperwork and my N7 is now registered.

Wahoo...
Nice one. Will try it.

Bit poor on ASUS's part as their sites tells you to get from Status.

Offline CBers

• View Profile
Finally got mine registered, using the serial number on the box (thanks JayJ), but when I send my proof of purchase to ASUS, I get an undeliverable email back saying:

"The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now"

Typical.

JayJ

All I got in reply from ASUS was an email with a code for 20% off at their shop??

Not to mention I can't sign in to the shop, I started my account with Webstorage but if I use my email to sign in it tells me that the wrong email or password was used??

Aarrrgggghhhhh.....

Offline CBers

• View Profile
Did you not get the £25 voucher email?

As someone previously said, the ASUS shop only has the cases for the Nexus 7, which I already have.

Pretty poor for ASUS, but it's what I have come to expect from them.

JayJ

No, as I said I received a code for 10% off??

Offline CBers

• View Profile
No, as I said I received a code for 10% off??
Yep, got that as well.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts