March 29, 2024, 03:40:48 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 64440 times)

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
I don't think I will be using Google Play for any device purchases moving forward. There seems to be no advantage.
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 09:09:33 AM »
JUST got this text message (fri. July 13)

Interesting
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
Yup its happening.  Either gamestop said **deleted by admin** to google and is beginning to honor their pre orders or google said go ahead and sell.  Somehow I think its gamestop making its own decission.

I am officially pissed off at Google right now, they really botched this whole release. 

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/13/gamestop-sells-nexus-7-to-at-least-one-lucky-customer/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:10:22 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
I am loggin into google wallet as we speak and I am going to file a complaint with them and tell them that I am never going to use google play for a device pre order ever again. 

They officially screwed up on this release and im pissed.  There is a gamestop less than a mile from my house and if I would have known to pre order with them I would have my tablet in my hands right now to use it on my weekend camping trip. 

Idiots. 

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »
I am loggin into google wallet as we speak and I am going to file a complaint with them and tell them that I am never going to use google play for a device pre order ever again. 

They officially screwed up on this release and im pissed.  There is a gamestop less than a mile from my house and if I would have known to pre order with them I would have my tablet in my hands right now to use it on my weekend camping trip. 

Idiots.  If you had gotten it from gamestop would be plugging it in to a tree this weekend? Everyone jumped the gun! Does any one in this world have patience ?

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:56 AM »

Idiots.  If you had gotten it from gamestop would be plugging it in to a tree this weekend? Everyone jumped the gun! Does any one in this world have patience ?

I have a car charger and this trip will be spent in the car driving a lot.  Perfect time for a tablet to be used wouldnt you say? 

And dont talk to me about patience, the fact that Google botched this up is not even an arguable point. 

Apple would never let any retailer sell their newest device before they honored their pre orders

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
I don't think I will be using Google Play for any device purchases moving forward. There seems to be no advantage.
the advantage was that you did it right and everyone else cheated.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
the advantage was that you did it right and everyone else cheated.

But how do we know for sure they cheated?  How do we know for sure gamestop is doing anything wrong?  Seems to me that Gamestop is conducting some pretty damn good customer service by honoring the pre-order pick up dates they promised. 

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »
Unless someone from Gamestop can say otherwise I agree that they're honoring the pick-up dates they promised whether those were set by Google or not which is good all around customer support.  As for Google Play, I agree that they dropped the ball on not rolling this out to those who preordered from them directly first.  Also sucks that we had to pay shipping when we could've bought it locally for less.  I really think they need to at least give everyone shipping back who could've picked one up at a local Gamestop. 

Do the Gamestop purchases also get the $25 Google Play coupon though?  If so then this is quite frustrating.

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Unless someone from Gamestop can say otherwise I agree that they're honoring the pick-up dates they promised whether those were set by Google or not which is good all around customer support.  As for Google Play, I agree that they dropped the ball on not rolling this out to those who preordered from them directly first.  Also sucks that we had to pay shipping when we could've bought it locally for less.  I really think they need to at least give everyone shipping back who could've picked one up at a local Gamestop. 

Do the Gamestop purchases also get the $25 Google Play coupon though?  If so then this is quite frustrating.

Yes, its been shown that basically you get the 25 bucks credit ANYWHERE you buy it, including gamestop. 

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
I just sent a message to Google through their Wallet app saying I don't mind that I haven't received mine yet per say but I am miffed that I'll be spending $13.99 for shipping when I could've avoid that and ordered locally instead.  The whole point in ordering from Google Plus was with the thought I'd get it sooner than later, but when I could've gone into a Gamespot and gotten it faster and cheaper that's just not very awesome.

So let's see what they reply back with, if I even hear anything from them since I'm sure they're getting flooded right now.

Sam

bigboss

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »
My credit card just got charged. Hope I can lay hands on it at least by Tuesday next week.

Had pre-ordered mine via play on Jun 27 (8gb).

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
JUST got this text message (fri. July 13)

Got the same text at 10:20am Eastern ! Picking mine up after work. Pre-ordered mine June 29th at Gamestop.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:36:31 AM by Scott99 »

Offline LanceJ

• View Profile
Ship Date?
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:52 AM »
Got mine now from GameStop... Manager had to give me a $98000 discount though lol

bigboss

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »
Got mine now from GameStop... Manager had to give me a $98000 discount though lol

Wait what currency is that again?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts