March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Best Case/Cover For Nexus7  (Read 44911 times)

Offline ta2025

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile

Offline raphazzz

• View Profile
Re: Best Case/Cover For Nexus7
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »
I'm using my N7 without case and only with screen protector. It still slim and feels great in my hands.

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
I have the poetic slimline case that I dearly love for  all-day daily use - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poetic-TM-HardBack-Protective-Case-for-The-Google-Nexus-7-7-7-Inch-Tablet-NEW-/120968317524?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item1c2a460a54

I have also just ordered one of these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Case-for-Asus-Google-Nexus-7-/150893362977?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item2321f1ff21

I will let people know what I think when I get it.

I notice that the case shown in this link is the old style Poetic case. They've updated the case at least a couple times, one of the problems being that when you folded back the cover to read the N7 like a book, the magnet would put the tab to sleep. Also, the latest version doesn't have the hand strap. So, my question, are you encountering any sleep probs, etc. with this case? I actually like the idea of that hand strap.

And yes, please do update us on this keyboard. I purchased the Logitech bluetooth tablet keyboard, but had I seen this one beforehand, I may have made a different choice. I'm okay with the Logitech, but this aluminum case looks very cool....

- martyh

Offline The Nexus Project

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
I went a few cases. RooCASE Executive,Clear S Wave TPU, a neoprene pouch & a hard zippered case. The RooCASE is my favorite which I slip into the neoprene pouch on the go. I went with anti-glare screen protectors.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
I'm using my N7 without case and only with screen protector. It still slim and feels great in my hands.

You're braver than me.  If it can be dropped, I know that eventually I'm going to drop it.  When I get something new, I get a case at the same time.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
I have dropped mine as well. Luckily it has a little bit of protection with a cheapie cloth case. I just bought a 32. I am considering my options. Do I disrobe the 16?

Offline limbot

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
I'm a bit picky with cases. Must:
1. Not cover the bezel
2. Not add too much bulk or weight
3. Turn into a stand.

When I first got my N7 I bought one of the cheap Ebay magnetic smart cases that people were talking about on XDA. Sounded perfect.

But alas, quality control (if it actually exists) isn't so good.  Both cases have ended up with cracks in the corner of the case.

It's a pity as this stand suits me prefectly :( 

Of course there's probably 100s of Chinese factories pumping out the "same" cases so I could order from another seller and get a good one but then again I might get a worse one.

Still on the search for the "Goldilocks" case :)

My experiences with this case here:
http://the-gadgeteer.com/2012/11/01/ebay-slim-magnetic-smart-cover-hard-case-stand-for-google-asus-nexus-7-tablet-review/

Offline olc

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 05:41:13 AM »
Tons of covers have been starting to come in - whats your choice?

A talk about this started a little with the discovery of the wake/sleep magnetic feature - however, I'm not a fan of the Asus official covers - so what are you guys going with?
Anyone else have any good choices?

I have had good results with Caseen folio type cases. Very well made, good prices on Amazon and ebay. Had one for my Transformer and have friends with them on other tablets. Check out what they have here:
http://www.caseen.com/Nexus-7_c_52.html

and then shop for what you want on the other sites I mentioned. I just order one for my Nexus 7.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

A talk about this started a little with the discovery of the wake/sleep magnetic feature - however, I'm not a fan of the Asus official covers - so what are you guys going with?

I have had good results with Caseen folio type cases. Very well made, good prices on Amazon and ebay. Had one for my Transformer and have friends with them on other tablets. Check out what they have here:

and then shop for what you want on the other sites I mentioned. I just order one for my Nexus 7.

Ya know, my only problem with those cases is that it looks like there is a little cut-out for the camera.  I have a case with a cut-out for the camdamera and so the case is cut to just fit the screen.  Therefore, whenever I want to swipe down to check notifications, the case gets in the way.  I have to work at getting my fat finger high enough, by pushing up on the case, to drag the notifications down.  IMHO, they should just cut the inside of the case to a larger overall circumference so that you can more easily swipe down from the top of the screen...

As I look at the pictures on that link you provide, it does look like maybe the have made a 'notch' where the camera is so that you could fit your finger there without much trouble; that would be a lot better...

radio
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:29:01 AM by radiocycle »
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline olc

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »

Ya know, my only problem with those cases is that it looks like there is a little cut-out for the camera.  I have a case with a cut-out for the camdamera and so the case is cut to just fit the screen.  Therefore, whenever I want to swipe down to check notifications, the case gets in the way.  I have to work at getting my fat finger high enough, by pushing up on the case, to drag the notifications down.  IMHO, they should just cut the inside of the case to a larger overall circumference so that you can more easily swipe down from the top of the screen...

As I look at the pictures on that link you provide, it does look like maybe the have made a 'notch' where the camera is so that you could fit your finger there without much trouble; that would be a lot better...

radio

I have to revise my assessment of the Caseen case. They've changed it. I bought another one for my wife, and while they've changed the camera cutout so the navigation pull down is easier, you now have to force the tablet into the case and the cover doesn't close so the magnet closure is useless. I bought it on Amazon. I called  Caseen to see if they would swap it for a good one and they refused, so back to Amazon it goes. I'll look for another brand for a case. Too bad, all my previous Caseen cases were very good.

Offline Trooper1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
I logged on to find out if anyone had gotten the ""M edge" cover to work with auto on feature. I have one but so far I haven't been able to get it to work.

Offline androidnexus7

• I love Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
Is this for 1st gen or 2nd gen?  ::)
ILove Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229