April 18, 2024, 05:53:24 PM

collapse

Author Topic: New owner, couple nitpicks about the Jellybean  (Read 9643 times)

Offline levolent

• Popularity: -2
    • View Profile
New owner, couple nitpicks about the Jellybean
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »

It keeps putting an icon on the top bar, and when I drag it down it says "select keyboard layout". Well no matter how many times I tell it English and select the layout it still stays there. Tried a few google terms but didn't see anyone with this issue...

Also, is there a way to close programs by default? When I hit the multitask (furthest right) button, I get a list of active processes basically its the multitasking manager or so it seems. Then I hit "force stop" and it appears to work, but they don't disappear from the list and seem to continually run in the background. If I WANT to multitask I can use the home button or multitask button to open new programs, but want to keep the BACK button as force stop/close that actually works.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:38:36 AM by levolent »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: New owner, couple nitpicks about the Jellybean
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Welcome
If you Flick those apps they will disappear from the list. Android manages it's ram very well. In my opinion there is no need to force close apps unless you are having issues. I get that little keyboard icon popup as well. I think it just is there to show the kb is being used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »
The icon your taking about is the keyboard or IME switcher, it's suppose to be there to easily change your input method...

The list of apps isn't a multitask menu it's recently used apps, very helpful if your multitasking but for the most part only if you've hit the home button will those apps remain active. Use the back button to close an app or if you close with the home button swipe the tile in the recent apps list.

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
It finally went away but there are two others now that won't go away. I can't figure out how to dismiss these without disabling notifications for the apps entirely which I don't want to do. I read online that swiping to the left or right should dismiss them, but all this does is spring it to the side a bit then pop right back.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
Disable the Korean keyboard. I haven't had any of these issues.

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
Korean kb was unchecked by default for me. I don't see what this has to do with my notifications that won't go away

It finally went away but there are two others now that won't go away. I can't figure out how to dismiss these without disabling notifications for the apps entirely which I don't want to do. I read online that swiping to the left or right should dismiss them, but all this does is spring it to the side a bit then pop right back.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
It should help. It keeps asking you what language right? The Korean keyboard will be eliminating one of those options so hopefully it will stop asking.

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:20:20 PM »
It should help. It keeps asking you what language right? The Korean keyboard will be eliminating one of those options so hopefully it will stop asking.

Oh it stopped doing that, I have new issue now. Read my 2nd post please.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »
What notifications are they?

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »
Skype and Utorrent. The Skype one I can kinda understand because you could use this to open up a chat on skype. (of course you could also just hit the shortcut on your homescreen like all the other apps). Torrent app on the otherhand you usually just want to run in the background and no need to take up space in the notify section. I found online that you are supposed to be able to swipe to left and right to get rid of these, but that just partially slides it then it springs right back.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: New owner, couple nitpicks about the Jellybean
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »
Skype and Utorrent. The Skype one I can kinda understand because you could use this to open up a chat on skype. (of course you could also just hit the shortcut on your homescreen like all the other apps). Torrent app on the otherhand you usually just want to run in the background and no need to take up space in the notify section. I found online that you are supposed to be able to swipe to left and right to get rid of these, but that just partially slides it then it springs right back.

Just sign out of Skype unless you really need it to always be open. As far as UTorrent goes I'm not familiar with it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
These are not solutions. I need skype to stay open in case someone wants to contact me. What I need is a way to use the side swipe and have it actually work.

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
Well the notification is telling you it is on and working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JayJ

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »
Swipe to remove notifications does work on removable notifications, the Skype notification is there to notify you that Skype is running. Don't blame the device or OS for this, blame the developer and even then they'd probably tell you it needs to be that way because applications that remain active and should not be interrupted regularly have a constant notification.

As for UTorrents, as with Sarge I am unfamiliar with it but if there is a notification there is a reason like the app running in the background and the app and OS notifying you of this.

Sent from my 16GB Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline levolent

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
Well there are dozens of applications running in the background. Not sure why some feel the need to take up space in the notification area ALWAYS. There must be a solution to this.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman